Friday, February 6, 2015

I Had an Accident that broke my knee

I had a minor accident on Tuesday and since then I have been having problems walking, bathing and holding biro as I have injuries on my palm and on my knees.
The accident has put me in a reflective mood (you know, genius is born in time of depression, desperation or incapacitation...hehe). In the reflective mood, I learnt that I shouldn't kill myself for things that would go on with or without me. When you are dispensable, Act wisely and cautiously. Give your best but keep your sense.
This period has also enabled me redefine some relationships but the most important lesson of all is Your Sh** could be someone's roses.

Right now, I'm typing with my left hand because my right can't hold a biro muchless hold my phone and my knee hurts sooo bad that I now use 10mins to climb a staircase I usually climb  in 1 minute ( do you know how hard it is to have to walk slowly when you naturally find it hard to walk slowly?). Anyway, as I sat down to catch my breathe after climbing the stairs, I saw a girl with a bad leg walk up to me. For the 1st time in my life,  I could relate. I felt her pain, the discomfort and began to thank God. Unlike her, my legs should be great by next week (and I'm soooooo grateful).
I didn't write this to lament, but to get you to take a moment to appreciate God.
You may feel frustrated or disappointed. You may be in pains, or at that point where you want to give up. Possibly, you feel you are the brokest person on earth or the illest or the greatest failure but dearie, It's not true. Having it bad today doesn't mean tomorrow would be same but if you feel too uncertain about. tomorrow to be comforted, let the thought that there are people who have it worse than you do comfort you.
Honey, you aren't alone and yours isn't the worst case.
Do me a favour, Bless the Lord for the easy little things in your life - like the ability to walk, to write, to see, to run, to talk, to bath etc - because it is a privilege, a gift, one that people lack (at the moment, people like me) and also, Thank God for people in your life - for friends. I don't know what I'd have done if Gabriel, Grace, Derick and others weren't around to check up on me.
And the next time, you see someone incapacitated or disfigured,  give a warm smile and hug if possible. It would go a long way.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome write-up as usual... The injuries will leave as fast as they came... Do take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. God is worthy to be praised all the time. I'm also grateful to God for being able to visit your blog and most of all being inspired by this post. I sincerely appreciate God for you and other inspirational writers/speakers. Always a CFIte to d bone sha *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhhmmmmnnn Typical Peace Itimi yeah?! ...always seeing the glass as 'half full' and never 'half empty' in every situation..iTrip.. Bubba, your strength and wisdom at your tender young age amazes me.. Its official P.I-Gang, i soooo wanna be like itimi when i grow up Mbok.. lmao! You are amazing... What happened?! Hope you are berra?! hope no bone was fractured?! Hmmnn It is well Bubba, the lord is your muscle, and by his koboko's ye are healed #PastorJdBmode..

    This line hit me the most, and had me thinking deep, (i would have been surprised if no line did though, cause you always get me with them smart strong inspiring lines nah Bubba) "Give your best but keep your sense" And to it i say word! Truly Word! Nice one Bubba, this was a funny yet enlightening read... :) Turn down for what mbok?! With Peace Itimi yeah, there is never a reason to Turn down but always several reasons to Turn up! Thank GOD for Peace Itimi... And the crowd goes Oooosssshhhheeey! Fileh a dont touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would do my mum good to read this post. I worry for her when she worries about crappy things that can actually go on with out her. Lol I once asked her why she was buying everything on a list given to her when she can easily hand out cash so the list makers bear the market stress. Know what she said? "Oh they would buy crappy item". I was gobsmacked. Why she would bother about the quality of what they buy when she won't be sharing the loot was beyond me. Anyways, that line in your post was just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would do my mum good to read this post. I worry for her when she worries about crappy things that can actually go on with out her. Lol I once asked her why she was buying everything on a list given to her when she can easily hand out cash so the list makers bear the market stress. Know what she said? "Oh they would buy crappy item". I was gobsmacked. Why she would bother about the quality of what they buy when she won't be sharing the loot was beyond me. Anyways, that line in your post was just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bia Itimi... Where are you oh!!!!! Dont even join them and go MIA on me or i kidnap you.. You berra come back nah nah, I mean sharply.. **Stamps feet... **In Frank Edoho's voice.. Your time starts now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Receiver of Emails on this Blog..

      We miss Peace Itimi. Please tell her for us.

      Highest Regards,

      JdB

      Delete
  7. Hope you feel better soon. It is good to always see the positive in every circumstances because no matter how bad the situation is, there are always people who r in dire straits which turns our situation to piecemeal (abi na moimoi?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dis is so intriguing thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment