Saturday, January 31, 2015

15 for 15 challenge: My Schooling and it's components

Its 2am, I just finished making a 50 slide presentation for a training I have to deliver on Saturday. I still got a letter to type for my fellowship (Secretary General thingy) and a report to compile and send fellowship head office but unfortunately, laptop battery has died. I'm so pumped up that I'm wishing I didn't turn of my generator early and contemplating going outside to turn it back on. Lol!
In the last two weeks I have been a super lady, juggling between GSA responsibilities, Fellowship responsibilities and of cause Academics. Thankfully, Its been successful all round, well, not really as I had to miss classes on Tuesday because of fellowship work, miss classes on Wednesday because of Google work, dumped other thing for school work on thrusday whilst my right hand man (God bless you Gabriel) was doing errands for me.
One thing I learnt between tuesday and today was that in reality, I would sacrifice alot if I want to be effective all round but I have to remember to follow set priorities and make up for any lapses (especially class wise).
I have also learnt that in leadership, people management is the toughest task.
Aside the fact that you have to always be at your best, always know and be there because people are watching, you also have to know how interact, relate and deal with different kinds of people (people with varying perception, level of intelligence, creativity and spirituality) and be able to give value so you can earn keepable trust and respect. Effective People management takes Grace and Wisdom.
Oh wow!..  I just remembered how ill I felt on Monday night. I couldn't do anything, so out of frustration, I began to listen to gospel songs. As I listened, my inner being was stirred up and I began to worship.
*Drumrolls*
After a couple of songs (and my terrible karaoke), The song named 'Power in the Name of Jesus' came on. As I listened to the song, I got a new revelation about the Name of Jesus and at the same time, I found my heart and body was at ease. There was this peace and assurance that I felt and so knew I was going to be fine. That was a great moment for me because i) the surge of power I felt was incredible ii) The revelation was profound but more, because I remembered again that though I may have no 'friends' in school anymore, I shouldn't allow thoughts of helplessness or loneliness creep in because God is always there.
How has life been in the last two weeks?
1) Blogging has suffered tremendously: I have literally not found the peace and time to write. Most of the times I tried to write, there was always something else fighting for my attention and they always won because they were priorities at that time. But, By Next Wed or Sunday, yes, Next Sunday, I would have settled down big time and the work would have lessened.
2) Few weeks ago, I realised I work better under pressure/with a deadline. Last week/This week, I discovered I'm a genuis under pressure (even when it's with multiple non-related things) until, I almost faint - Like yesterday.

My Wednesday was crazy. I literally didnt find time to breathe until 8:05pm. I went from this work to that work to that work to bible study to cooking my dinner. Now, even though I felt completely drained, there was a fulfilment a d satisfaction that the day was 90% successful.    After dinner that day, I tried to work some more but damn! My brain had shut down. I kept struggling until about 11:50 something when I eventually let sleep take me. Lesson 2 'REST REST REST. Rest is great for the body, Sleep refreshes the mind. Work piled for tomorrow is better than a stressed out super lady that breaks down' but seriously, I'm thriving under pressure. The adrenaline rush is just incredible.
3) I just started living alone and so far it's been epic. Funny, I remember to eat atleast twice everyday, mean while, at home or when I was living with friends, I hardly ate or felt hungry muchless cook. Lesson number 3 *I am maturing*
-------------------------------
Its 11pm on Saturday (two days after I first began writing this) and I'm drained. My body is weak and my mind has shutdown, Its like I can't think. I had a very-long- highly-mentally tasking day, after a long day yesterday and a vigil that ended at 5:40am last night. In short, I haven't rested all week and has barely slept but I'm kicking (yaaay! Feeling like Super woman). You wouldn't believe but as I write this, my mind is on tomorrow's service. There's so much my pastor asked me to do, I hope I don't forget anything.
Though, the flow was cut short, allow me try to pick up from where I left off on the life in the last two weeks thingy.
-------------------------------
Okay, that didn't work out. Tried writing, but my brain needs rest. I need to sleep.
So, you all should pardon me. I'd stop writing now but I promise to complete this in the next couple of days. For the sake of the 15 challenge, I'd post this now though.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, am motivated dear. Thanks for the post..

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to dealing with so many things at the same time, I usually sort them into categories:
    Urgent and important
    Urgent not important
    Important not urgent
    Not urgent not important

    Blogging usually falls into urgent but not important. You know what you should go for first, more often than not, it is not blogging. You'll always come around to it. I'm sure your readers will understand that some things are priorities

    Tell me about managing people
    So not easy
    All the best xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take some time to rest too after you have prioritized what should be done in that order Janyl suggested. You need all your senses in excellent state to function 100%.

    Welldone dear, more grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take some time to rest too after you have prioritized what should be done in that order Janyl suggested. You need all your senses in excellent state to function 100%.

    Welldone dear, more grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewo!!!!! No be small thing oh! I practically felt the Adrenaline pumping as I read through.. **In My Hausa Accent.. Kai! walahi kwo, the next time me i see the word Workaholic in the Dictionary ehn, i will 'P'think of Peace Itimi sharp sharp! Turn down for What Biko!!! Turn up! Jo, cause when it comes to grind only priority and Timing matters. You know ehn Pastor Partner in crime, you can only do so much.. Not everything, but just as much as we can.. So I think priority is key... And Writing stuff down and checking them off one after the other Bubba helps one with your kinda schedule to sleep well at night (i think oh!).. You dont have friends?! Kilode?! Who died?! Why?! berra dont try that oh! Everybody needs somebody Bubba. Oya Can I be your Boyfriend?! **Wears Mr Nigeria smile.. :).

    So you are really leaving alone?! Ghen Ghen! Remind me to be like thee when I grow up! P.S; When i was 19 what was i doing with my life sef?! **Scratches head.. Oh I remember, trying to get out of that crazy school.. You will be alright Bubba, trust me yeah, you will... P.P.S; I read somewhere above that you sacrificed School work for another work Baby mi. Mehn in my 23 years 2 months and 24 days confused head, thats so not cool oh Bubba, as School work is why you are there, so I plead that that be Top most priority all time everytime.. Nothing comes on top of it but your Love for GOD and nothing more.. Cheers Itimi.. Turn Up Turn up ladies and gentlemen.. This geh can work for Africa shaaaa... :) You gats to Love peace Itimi Shaaa... :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment