Thursday, January 8, 2015

I really don't getthe concept of dating!

When I was in J.s2 I had a crush on a bus conductor. He spoke well, looked soft, and was really cute plus he never collected money from me whenever I entered his bus. We never exchanged names or numbers just looks and smiles. After awhile, I stopped seeing him at the park. I hoped he had found something better to do, I hoped he had gone back to school as he looked / talked like someone who dropped out of school due to circumstances.
7years later (two weeks ago), I saw him again. We met inside a bus, he wasn't the conductor, he was the driver. He was still cute, his pidgin had blended and he didn't collect money from me. We still didn't exchange names or numbers, just smiles that carried memories but as I said thank you, the crushing ended.

I'm not sure I want to see him again. I had really hoped the young boy who spoke well would have gone back to school or something, not because I wanted to have anything to do with him but because he doesn't belong with menial jobs. Well, maybe he has. Maybe driving commercial buses is a part time job, something he does when he isn't in school. Maybe!

Whichever way, my fantasy has been destroyed.....I just really hoped the next time I saw him he would be completely different from the last time, just so I can smile and say 'time really changes a lot of things'. Just so we could smile and thank God for how better we are. I still hope though, that one day we would see again and smile at the past and our experiences.

Anyway, I love the concept of relationship. The connection, the conversations, the play, the crase, the frictions - just everything that defines relationships. I love the concept of healthy marriage, healthy friendship and lovely family connection but the concept of dating I don't know.
First of all, Dating is scary - the drama, the emotion stress, break ups et al.
I get people want companionship and to feel special with a special someone.  It's great. The need to feel loved is what makes us human but why can't we all cultivate amazing friendships instead of the boy/girlfriend thingy. Why can't we have great, long, stimulating and fun conversations that are devoid of sexual innuendos. Why the mushy mushy thingy?

It would be nice to have a friend that we could study God's word with, pray with, share ideas and dreams with but yet allow yourself - your development remain your priority.
 
Dating (as I see it now) is an avenue for plenty stressing and some unnecessary and unproductive sacrifices all over the place. Friendship (healthy ones) on the other hand is more peaceful, more giving without expecting, less unnecessary adrenaline wasted.

I believe in friendship (with less mushiness and sexual activities), friendships that are filled with so much greatness and godliness that there's no room for immoralities. Damn! Right now, I'd take friendship over dating but when dating becomes the avenue to know yourselves better, help and propel each other towards achieving goals and attaining great height rather than find arousal spots, I'd totally dig it but then that's just me and my opinion.

Don't forget to scroll down till you see the subscribe by email button. If you are on PC, the subscribe button is on the side bar. MAKE Peace Itimi smile, Subscribe to the blog.

MUCH LOVE!!!

6 comments:

  1. I am supposed to be reading for my exams, but the title got me. See ehn, am done with the relationship thingy, I really tried looking at it from a total different angle but oh girl its not working.
    Stress levels spikes up,power struggle 100% and ends up breaking me dont get the point.
    I love this post to heaven and back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had my fair share of heart breaks and all but when the someone with whom u share a true connection in all things shows up, even your faith, then its worth every minute and you will see yourself grow as an individual and as a pair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi peace jst read ur post its awesome....

    But most pple with low intellectual abilities wont understand esp... pple in love dat really wants to date

    secondly most guys get it wrong wen a gurl shows care... dey see it as "green light" which tends to cause dem to act .. eventually askin d lady out nd eventually must end in brk up

    ReplyDelete
  4. whao interesting point of view, well i agree
    "I'd take friendship over dating but when dating becomes the avenue to know yourselves better, help and propel each other towards achieving goals and attaining great height rather than find arousal spots, I'd totally dig it but then that's just me and my opinion."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a bad progress for a conductor turned driver but after what you described of the little you observed of him, one would expect more. I would take friendship over dating too abi what's the point of putting a tag to it if it leads nowhere???

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment