Monday, December 1, 2014

Ts DECEMBER.....Process, Patience and Paths

Its a great day yea? Its the first day of the last month of the year and I can't help but be thankful for God's mercies and grace. 2014 is coming to its end and I'm witness to it, not because of how I am but because of whose I am. Because my Father has counted me worthy to be alive.
As I kept thinking of how great it feels to see December 2014, I couldn't help but remember those who didnt get here. Those people who died a couple of hours/days/weeks before December 1st. Its sad and I pray most earnestly that majority of such would have had Jesus in their heart because at the end of our temporal existence on earth, the only factor that would count as regards where we spend eternity is having or not having Jesus in our hearts and what would count in the lives of those we leave behind is not how much money we had/how successful we were or how often we had
fun/turned up or how hard we worked but what we deposited inside of them. At the end of the day, we would be remembered for our care, our love, our words of wisdom, our listening ear, our receptive and praying heart. What would make Myles Munroe's name never die is not his plenty masters degrees or PhDs but the His words of wisdom, His books that contain so much sense and His explemary life. It's those intangible things that would matter.
So, my dear... Spend more time growing inside and impacting on people.
The thought of 2014 coming to an end takes me on a retropect. I keep thinking of how I started the year and how I'm ending it. How much I have grown and achieved in one year, how much I haven't been able to achieve and of cause the goals for 2015. No! Not new year resolutions (I never seem to be able to keep up with those) but just goals - You know those things that would make me really smile and proud of myself when I achieve them in time.
While thinking about the goals, I was writing them down (do you know writing brings clarity? It makes the idea/goal look more real and achievable. You should try it. Write down your goals for 2015 but donot wait for 2015 before you start working towards them - Start now!) and pasting the nuggets and pictures (where applicable) of them in strategic visible places like my room wall, my laptop & phone wallpaper, the notepad app on my phone (for real eh, the one app I use most - aside gmail, chrome and BBM is my google keep app. Google keep helps me keep all my thoughts (hehehe!). Anyway, the whole idea between the pasting ish is that, sometimes we write things down and throw away the book in which we wrote it in, thus, we end up forgetting the ideas/rhemas/steps/goals et al but if we put reminders of our goals and ideas and even rhemas in places where we would almost always see them, then the needed self motivation to attain those goals and continually live the rhena would be there.
In the area of self motivation, it helps to explicitly write out why you want to achieve what you want to achieve. Writing the why would stimulate feelings, stir up your heart - more like connect your head (where the goals spring from) to your heart, your soul (where the fuel would come from).
I just remembered something.....
A couple of days ago, I was talking to a friend about uhm, the connection between human ambition and God's will when I happen to mention PROCESS, PATIENCE AND PATHS.
Basically, God has been teaching me that the Process is of great importance. He has said alot of times that the process is worth more than the result. He said 'He is interested in what we become as a result of the process. The experiences, lessons and people we meet along the way is very essential hence we shouldn't be in a hurry to arrive. Every stage, every step, every phase of your journey is important.' God doesn't want you skipping stages because the wisdom you may need to get through stage 5 is that which you should have picked up in stage 3.
And as we go through the process, God wants us to be patient and trust in His timing. The best time is God's time. Dear, while trusting in God's time and patiently going through the process, do always remember that life is no competition. We are all running our individual races. My path and yours are not the same - yea! It may be similar and we may even 'jam' along the way but at the end, our purpose isnt same. Biko, Maintain your lane. Be confident in the route God has given you. In your appointed time, you shall arrive. In the mean time, Enjoy the ride.
Sigh!
All I really wanted to say was Happy December o... I pray that the last month of 2014 shall be your best month yet. This is the month of ingathering and this is the month of SHILOH!!!!!!!! YAAAAY, I'm excited.
Living Faith people, are you ready? December 9th to 13th is SHILOH 2014. Theme is HEAVEN ON EARTH (Damn! I love the theme eh...you have no idea... HEAVEN ON EARTH *I'm dancing shoki for Jesus*)
Did I forget to mention Christmas in this post? People of God, CHRISTMAS IS IN 24 DAYS.....................*More shoki for Jesus*

Ps: Google keep is my notepad app...With it, all my memos are safe offline and online - it syncs with my gmail account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment