Friday, December 19, 2014

DISILLUSIONED

Shared dreams
Shredded dreams
Promises made
Promises maimed
My wounds are awake
They bleed red ink
I bottled up these smiles
Hoping to get drowned in them

I held the bottle close
The sight pierces me
This moment - Moment when worry does all the talking,
I lost a piece of beauty
Beauty is you
Beauty is me
Beauty is us
My subconscious thought without me thinking
I despise my conscious
It births strange things
My subconscious births me
Who I am
The who I wanna be
The who I may not have become
My eyes trained on hope
Hope drifted far away
And walked into a thick cloud
I begged my soul to divorce this pain
The pain that encapsulates me
God I'm beat
Peace be my storm
Peace be me
My hands explore tomorrow like a blind man
Simmered and stewed
Emotion fluctuating
Between anger and hurt
I wanna feel larger than life
Who runs wild through the forest this long?
I need my survival skills back
What did I ditch it for?
What put this frail look on my face?
Completely disconnect
There is rightness about life
Life is supposed to feel good
It's a crime
Messing with something this good
These ........my exact words
Set me free
Make my soul lighter than a child's
Stir into the soul of my deeply wounded heart
Don't leave me oddly unsettled
Let me go
I said to my thoughts
The thoughts that caged me.
By Oluchi Ekeleme.

1 comment:

  1. "Who runs wild through the forest this long?
    I need my survival skills back
    What did I ditch it for?
    What put this frail look on my face?

    Completely disconnect
    There is rightness about life
    Life is supposed to feel good
    It's a crime
    Messing with something this good
    These ........my exact words"
    These is the very essence of why we do what we do. Sometimes our thoughts enslave us, to a point that we have no options than to live in chains, but the minute you say oh no am so done with you, its like a Breath of fresh air.
    Lovely post thanks for sharing how you feel with us.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment