Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The blessing is in the application

I think the most enjoyable sleep is that which happens after you first wake up in the morning. That 5/10mins sleep you allocate to yourself before you finally stand up to begin the day. That struggle, - the battle between sleeping a little more or standing up to begin the day could be one of the toughest, yet that few minutes of sleep is very relaxing for me. It does something to my system.
No! Chill! This post isn't about sleep. Its about what the Holy Spirit whispered to me while I was observing my sleep after sleep this morning.
He said and I quote 'THE BLESSING IS IN THE APPLICATION'.

I was at a meeting/training program over the weekend and on the first day of the program, Someone I have intense respect and love for gave an exhortation. Simply, she said "It's not enough to be impacted. What matters is in the implementation." She said we shouldn't just take the lessons and rhemas and all away but we should make sure to do when we get back and then, two days ago I read a BC from Sam obafemi. In the BC, he said the year is gradually coming to an end and unfortunately, they are some people who have spent the last months gathering knowledge, attending seminars and training programs, watching inspirational videos, reading motivational books yet as at this 11th month, they are still how/where they were when the year began. He then urged that we stop learning, stop acquiring Knowledge but instead begin applying, begin making plans.
When I got the BC I was like ' yea! I know right... It's kind what Chisom was saying at BOE' and when I heard My teacher - The Holyspirit this morning, first, the sleep completely vanished from my eye and next, was deep reflection.
The truth is they are alot of us that acquire knowledge over and over again. We love and yearn to learn. We run after value and impact. We have head knowledge of a lot of things (scriptures inclusive) yet we never apply. We never deeply reflect/mediate on them thus they never leave our head to penetrate our souls making it difficult for us to practice them.
Its funny how rampant it is for young people to attend seminars and traning programs yet its just a few of youths that actually apply the knowledge they have acquired and are acquiring.
There's a large number of people in church who read the Bible day in - day out yet their lifestyles are nothing to write home about. A lot of people know scriptures, they have head knowledge of scriptures yet they havent allowed it penetrate their soul and overrule their will.
They are a lot, I mean a very large number of people who can give motivational/inspirational talks (They can give advice for africa!) Yet they cant deal with their own issues.
The number of people who know but donot DO are too much.
Today, God is telling us, I and you that the Blessing is in the application. The profit, the benefits are in the doing.
Knowing things wouldn't add tangible value to your life until you begin to implement the knowledge. Giving talks, (writing blogs), putting up really insiring dps and pms or giving amazing advice or teaching/preaching God's word wouldn't bless you until you really reflect on them, and then, apply them.
To you my dear, God is saying, STOP ACQUIRING, STOP KNOWNING AND INSTEAD BEGIN TO APPLY, TO DO, TO ACT ON WHAT YOU KNOW.
God says 'The catapult you need to get to your next level, the blessing you want lies in the application of all you have inside of you'.
It's time to convert your potentials to kinetic. Its time to put your passions to work. Its time to use your gifts. Its time to stir up the fire inside of you. Its time to Do!

3 comments:

  1. True! There is nothing that gives God pleasure than we acting on His words. He honors His words more than His name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Pastor Partner in crime, this was a very inspiring read. Its funny how ""Practice what you preach has become more of a mantra than a rule of life."" and I for one am guilty of not living by my laws. In all sincerity I believe that no man will be able to effect change merely by preaching it, but simply by living it also. Jesus was a blessed example. Cheers Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm....deep words....I like mami.....

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment