Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I cried on Sunday

I cried on Sunday.
I was in church and during a ministration,  I went on my knees and tears began to pour. I remember thinking after service that there's hardly anytime i go to God's presence 'with an open and expectant heart' and I don't end up crying.
When I was still an infant in a Christ, i used to cry because i felt guilty for my sins. I'd weep, apologising to God, promising not to do it again (hehehe) and then when I felt better I'd start calling him sweet names and asking him to provide and protect but these day's when i go before God, i don't cry because I feel dirty but because He loves me. I know I'm not there yet, I'm still very very imperfect but I tend to focus on His love instead of my guilt and that purifies me more than any apology. Everytime I focus on God and how much he loves me, I just don't do the things I know wouldn't please him but when I focus on my imperfections and begin to 'try' to do good, I fail.

Anyway, so in church I cried, I was on my knees worshipping my Father, totori'ng Him, thanking Him and after awhile, I became short of words, even singing and speaking in tongues didnt seem enough to express what was in my heart and so tears poured and in my heart, I hoped God would grasp the words of worship and thanks from the drops of tears.
You know, God is amazing,  he is almighty not just mighty but ALmighty,  His love is more than we can comprehend.
Eph3:16-19 says, "we should allow Christ dwell in our hearts that we rooted and grounded in love MAYBE able to comprehend what the height, depth, breadth and length of God's love is though God's love cannot be fully known or understand - God's love passeth knowledge.
The first time I saw this scripture, it literally blew my mind. Can you imagine God strengthening your innerselves, Christ making his Home in your heart so you can know how deep, broad, long and high Christ's love his yet the scripture is saying, you can still never know The extent of his love. Like seriously,  how can one know the dimension of something yet not know the extent fully? It means, no matter how you think you know God, no matter how God has manifested his love to us, no matter the overwhelming, soul shaking experiences you have had, you still have not seen anything yet. No wonder Paul said, 'that I may know Him'. After all the scriptures paul wrote, as filled as he was he said 'That I may know him'.
Have you ever spent time thinking about the Love of God? How could one so perfect love imperfect beings perfectly? How could one so good, input the image of His only son in us so we become one with Christ, wholly and acceptable and now God doesn't see our sins, he sees the blood of this son that spilled on the cross, washing away our sins and its consequences. How could the one who created everything,  the one who without him is nothing that is love so much that no height, depth, no power or principality,  nothing, not us nor the devil, nothing can seperate us from His love.
God's love his not dependent on us, he loved us before we were born, He loves us regardless and inspite of, we did nothing to make him love us, we can't do anything to make him stop loving us.
God has engraced us. He gave us His love when we didn't deserve it. He still loves us when we don't deserve it.
Oh! It's amazing how He doesn't need us yet He wants us.
He loves you. He truly does love you more than anyone ever could.
Embrace God's love, allow Christ make his home in your heart. Allow the Holy Spirit convict you. Give yourself away, lose yourself that you may gain. Go to the well - the way, the truth, the light and Life, Go to Jesus and you would never thirst again for in Him you would find living waters.

3 comments:

  1. ...""Oh! It's amazing how He doesn't need us yet He wants us""... Word Bubba, word. Mehn partner in crime, maybe someday, i will be as spiritual as you. Nice post Bubba, truly GOD loves us regardless,, and that's why he is awesome, the I am that I am, the ancient of days, creator of the Universe, and lover of our souls. Nice post Pastor Partner in crime. :) Cheers Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you really say 'Pastor partner in crime?' Lwkm... you sha.


      I pray one day you would be more spiritual than me. Duru, God loves you eh and he wants you guys to have a beautiful rerelationship and mehn it would be fun. Trust me

      Delete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment