Saturday, July 5, 2014

Lessons Part 2

I promised to do a sequel to my last post (if you havent seen it, kindly click here) and here it is - the continuation of lessons I learnt in past weeks.
Number 3: Reconciliation
A friend texted me for advice one day, she just got back to school after a year and so settling back into school life was proving difficult.  She didnt know how she was going to balance studies, spiritual life and social life and all that. In the midst of her dilemma, she said the Holy spirit led her to talk to me; me who was just trying to get by, me who had somehow lost touch with God.
When I saw the text I just laughed,  what was I going to tell her? Okay,  I had learnt about priorities already so that was something to share but what about keeping the fire burning?
A little overwhelmed, I called her (mostly because i didnt know what to text her) and I began talking. I don't know where the wisdom to counsel came from but it did come. I found myself giving her strategies on how to balance, how to not let life happen that you drift away from God etc. I cant remember all I said expect for one thing which is what I want to share.
I remember catching myself say over and over again that "if you are moving towards God, He'd be running faster towards you. If you get one step closer to God, He'd take ten thousand faster steps closer to you. He'd make reconciliation with Him easy for you. He'd practically do all the work, you just have to be willing to accept His help."
This reminds me of the prodigal son story -  the son was coming back home and then His Father saw him from afar and RAN towards Him. That's what God really does,  He doesnt just open the door but carries you in by Himself when He sees your 'willingness' to come in.
    And so I told my friend that as long as she wants to keep her relationship with God, He'd make sure she does.
    That call ministered not just to her but to me also. I realised it was God's way of saying "Peace, I still got you and whenever you slip away, I'd reconcile you back to myself. Just always leave your heart open for me".
God never forsakes His Children, He gave me wisdom to counsel my friend and reminded me that He got me.
And So, I'm saying to you today, God would always be with you and as long as your heart is open, He'd minister to you. Whenever He sees you take a step, He'd take ten thousand faster steps. He's behind the scenes, taking care of you, looking out for you, watching your back.
     Still on the subject of reconciliation..
    I had a fight with a friend once and I wasnt exactly willing to let it go. I later realised I was hurting myself and not her, so I let go, forgave and found Peace.
That experience reminded me of that quote that say's (uhmm, I cant remember the quote verbatim but it's something along the lines of) 'Forgiveness is letting go of the hurt, only to realise that the person you set free was yourself'.
Quarrels and Grudges and all the likes holds you bound. Forgiveness and reconciliation Sets you free, and  gives you peace. You should try it. *winks*
Number 4: The race
   I was in Bible study one faithful Wednesday when the president of my fellowship came to round off the service. In that few mins, He said  something that particularly struck me, He said J. Moss could walk into the room now and he won't fill intimidated because he knows what he is about. He said God has gifted him with singing ability so he can bless lives and so he knows that no matter how much Moss sings and people fall under the anointing, they are people that his own voice is meant to heal, inspire and bless. He cannot feel intimidated by anyone because he knows who's son he is and he knows his purpose.'
   Those words made my day, I think it even made my week. It reminded me never to feel intimidated or less than I am because of someone else. It encouraged me to be my best, do my best and not compare myself with anyone else.
  Life is individualistic, it is no competition.  We are in a race with no one. We all have our individual purposes, we have our individual race's, we dont have to see the next person as a competition. Do your thing as best as you could and let the others do theirs too.
Just as our fingerprints and genetic make-up are different, so our purposes in life are different. We may all be singers but the people our voices will touch will be different, oh! It could be the same people but the message or inspiration they'd get will be different. We could all be bloggers but our subcribers are different, oh! It could be same readers but the message is different,  it could be same message but our manner of writing is different. So why compare? Why competite? Why think less of yourself?
God created you with no mistakes,  exactly the way He wanted you. He gave you your unique abilities, experiences and all just to make sure you are unique and special.
     So, its time we begin to see each other as siblings, working individually for the betterment of the family, doing our own thing all to the glory of Our Father.
     In your journey through life, you would face disappointments and challenges but dont let them make you think less of yourself. Move ahead on your own pace, let no one determine your journey.
   Learn as you move along, the process as important as (if not more important than) the result. Dont let anything or anyone dictate for you who you are or what you can be. Fuel your intrinsic motivation. Life is not a race, nor a competition,  it's a journey,  enjoy every step of the way.
I believe this post is already long enough, and so I would do the last lesson on openmindedness in another post. Thinking about it, I believe that story (oh yes!  It is a story) is going to be pretty long which means it really deserves it own space (right?).
I'd bring it soon, stay tuned!
PS: Remember to subcribe to this blog so you'd get email notifications immediately a new post comes in.
       Much Love.

7 comments:

  1. You are blessed with Wisdom beyond your years. Keep the flame burning and keep sharing your wisdom. This was a very good read for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive as you have benn forgiven; totally, continuosly. And stay in your own lane. Do not set the time of your life by somebody else's clock.
    Glad I came by to read part 2.
    May your name be your testimony. Daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen oooooooo! Thanks so much for reading ma...

      Delete
  3. Life is individualistic, it is no competition. We are in a race with no one. Grateful for this words. More grace as I'll usually say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post. We might be running individual races but also have to see the beauty of walking the road together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah! Very true ma! We can always help each other attain our goals. There's definitely beauty is walking together, not as competitors but as partners

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment