Thursday, July 31, 2014

I'm Hurt, would the pain ever go away?

It's been two years since we last spoke, too long since we last saw but the memories are still firmly engraved in my heart and mind. It's funny how my heart could still beat faster at the thought of you.
Sometimes, I still want to hate you, more often, I want to hate me but none works.
And As much as it kills me to admit it, I miss you. But, No! I dont love you anymore. No! I dont regret the times we had. No! I dont want you back and Yes! I'm stronger,  eventually,  the hurt healed and the pain faded.
I hope you are happy. I hope you are really happy... God be with you.
Yours truly,
Sandra.
Hi there,  as you must have deduced from the letter above, my name is Sandra and once upon a time, I fell deeply in love with the most amazing person ever (or so i thought) but three years into the relationship, things went sour and we hit the rocks.

And as i was sitting on my couch today, I let my mind wander and it somehow rested on my past relationship, hence the above letter (which I'm never going to send or may I would, whatever tho) and so I have decided to tell my story, and I'm hoping that somehow, my story helps someone.
Alright then, Sit back, grab your popcorn and relax, It's Story time.
I would never forget the first time I saw Toju. I had just finished from a 3hour practical class and was having lunch at my faculty canteen when an average looking guy walked in with the neatest pink long sleeved shirt and black pant trousers I had ever seen. As our eyes met, i felt something run down my spine and I couldn't help giving a big smile. I ate and left the canteen to continue with my life without an exchange of words with the neatly dressed, average looking guy.
Life continued as normal. I forgot the canteen incident (well, not really).
A couple of weeks later, I was chilling in my friends room when Mr neatly-dressed-average-looking-guy came in to borrow gas. He was cooking and his gas finished, so here he was (in a black-blue knicker and black polo) begging my friend, his neighbour to lend him her gas and I was looking at him, smiling all the way.
He got the gas, left to his room, cooked his food, returned the gas, asked me my name, told me his name and department and level and other things... ...Basically, we got talking and boy! The conversation was unending. We got along so well and had lots in common.
This and that... that and this...
We became an item. We just clicked.  We could talk for hours and not get bored. I enjoyed his company so much so that my friends began to complain that I never hung out with them anymore. He was (he is) smart, deep, versatile, creative, crasy,.. basically AmAzing!
...and one day, in the middle of a conversation,  he asked if he could kiss me. 'Hehehe!' I laughed and said 'you really have to ask?'.
Well, the kiss was soft and short and amazing and the beginning of an amazing relationship.
We dated and it was fun but more,  I learnt alot from him (I still say he played a huge part in bringing out the amazing, strong and potential filled person within me). We read books, hunted for Christian movies and inspirational videos together. We played and prayed together, we grew together. We were perfect.
Then he graduated and went for service.  Whenever he came to see me during his service year I noticed something different in the way we related to eachother. He was distant. He flinched whenever I came too close. It was just weird but I kept trying. He reduced the way he called me, we found it hard to talk (it was like there was nothing to talk about anymore).
And then oneday, he said he was 'into' someone else.
My heart crumbled.
..."TJ, you are just attracted to her right? Or you are in love with her?" I asked
...and Toju said he wasn't attracted to me anymore. He still loved him but not in the relationship kind of way anymore and though he wasn't in love with this girl yet, He was really getting to like her and then he said I was never really good enough for him.
His words cut deep and broke me but I still tried. Oh! I tried but eventually i had to let go.
No matter how hard it was, or how bad i felt, I had to allow him be and go find my happiness somewhere else.
So many nights I laid awake crying but it didnt bring him back. I dated other's but the pain never left (or the love) and so the relationships never worked.
But, after awhile,  I decided i couldn't allow him control my life anymore. He was gone, I had to move on.
I decided to make my happiness my responsibility. I chose to be happy. I forgave him.
Was it easy? No!
But did it happen? Yes!
Time really heals all wounds. Overtime, I became better. I began to see me as deserving of anyone, as beautiful, strong and smart. With time, the pain faded and i could genuinely smile again.
God was a big factor in my healing though. He filled the void in my heart like no one can ever do. He loved me through it all. He gave me confidence, showed me I deserved the best and can get it, taught me to be happy being me, showed me that I am complete, perfect, whole and beautiful as I am and didnt need anyone to complete me. He taught me that my failed relationship wasnt because I wasnt good enough. Basically, God redefined me, showed me my identity in Him.
Slowly, I was able to trust and love and commit again.
I'm sharing this story, so I could tell someone that no matter how much you have been hurt, no matter how bad and deep the pain felt, no matter who betrayed or left you, There is light at the end of the tunnel.
It isnt easy but its possible, the hurt would heal and the pain would fade.
Dont lose hope.  Dont allow situations or people decide your happiness.
Your experiences make you stronger,  the lessons make you better.
You'd be fine... if you aren't fine and victorious, it isn't the end.
And this doesn't apply to relationships alone. No matter what your challenge is, there is light at the end of the tunnel. With time, all storm fades.
Keep calm and Trust God.
PS: this story is pure fiction... there is no sandra (oh well, She exists in my imagination :p).
PPS: My friend's elder sister gave birth to a bouncing cute lil dude yesterday and so I'm dedicating this Post to him. I wish him the absolute best in life. (I swear, since I heard the news, I have been super hyper. It's as if it's my own sister or me sef that gave birth. Well sha, my time will come).
PPPS: Rain drenched me today... I cant stop talking about it. It's just super annoying.  Today that i decided to wear shoe, after I have decided to make my hair after sooo long... aaaah! Why na? Even as I write this, I'm shaking like cat fish.
#okbye.
Much love...
Oh! By the way, I just realised this blog is a year old. Wooo! It's been God ooo. A huge thanks goes to you (yes You).
If you enjoyed reading this then I'm sure you'd like this 'EVER LOVED SOMEONE THAT DIDN'T LOVE YOU BACK?'
Check it here

12 comments:

  1. Ok, it's clear you write and you write so nicely too. Keep it up. One thing is sure, time heals all wounds and hurt. There is always joy at dawn when you keep keeping on. It's not the time to give up while the clock is still ticking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks dear. Yea! There is Joy at dawn when we keep keeping on

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading this piece. Sometimes we meet people in life who we simply fall in love with, when things go south, the hurt can be unbearable. Time may not always diminish the pain but handing it over to God will because He alone can provide a better replacement. @signetseal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, only God can truly heal us of all pain. Thaks for reading ma.

      Delete
  3. Nice Inspiration.......keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved that post and as for the rain consider it as showers of blessing from God :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading dear. Showers of blessing huh? Okay o

      Delete
  5. Lol! I was actually catching cold for you here....Pele but like Ms Cookie said. Showers of blessing on the first day of the month of new beginnings?nnot bad. Hurt, I have learnt takes time to ebb. How long depends on the kind of pain, who and/or what caused the pain. I say to myself ever so often that my pain over losing my Papa is still as raw as day 1 so this Time they say heals all is simply taking its time.
    I love coming to your blog although the font is so tiny on my IPad. lol! Have to get one of the kids to fix it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahahah! I guess I should say thanks for catching my cold with me.

      I hope that oneday the thought of your dad been dead won't hurt as much. God is with you.

      Delete
  6. Oh swirie this is a lovely post. I enjoyed every bit of it and yet grabbed the message too. Keep it up dearie...*hugs

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment