Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Whoever said Christianity is Hard lied

The beauty of a personal relationship with God is that you can fellowship with him regardless of the state you are in. That has it's root in the fact that God loves us in spite of us - our sins and flaws, not because of what we are or have or what we could become but in spite of our past, our messy dirty nature, in spite of the fact that we may never utilize the power in us, or use our potentials or fulfil destiny, in spite of our shortcomings, in spite of You - the real inner you - in spite of me.

He loves and longs for us so Come to Jesus as you are, Just as you are; with all the weight, pain, hurt, questions, flaws, faults, imperfect perfections, even if you just fornicated or had an abortion, even if you just stole, lied, cheated, or even if you just raped someone, Just Go to him and trust me on this, He'd gladly, most willing welcome you into his embrace. God needs no perfect being, he just needs one who wants to Love him.




I've come to realize that Christianity is very easy. Having a personal relationship with God is easy and very very beautiful. We are not bound by any rule except to LOVE GOD, He doesn't expect us to do anything except to be ourselves and allow him to work in us and through us.

What could be simpler than willing yourself to God, loving him and being you? What life would be easier than one where you don't have to change for anyone, not conforming to fit in, not doing this or that because that's what everybody is doing but living a life where your originality and uniqueness in every aspect truly matters?


I got to school about 3weeks ago and I found myself dealing with a form of identity crisis. Being home was comfortable, no one to tell me what to do or not do but in school, I had my friends and my fellowship mates watching my every step and so, I began to feel not right.
It was like some of my convictions were wrong. I was being me but I was feeling weird because my friends had the notion that I wasn't really ME anymore. I began to question myself and my convictions, the confidence I had built during the strike began to crumble, I found myself wanting to remember and act like the ME before the strike (the Me, my friends remember most vividly) and then, just being in the four walls of school put so much pressure on me. I felt choked, literally.
Thinking about it now, it seems after being alone, in the comfort of my room at home for so long during the strike, coming back to school and seeing lots and lots of people, the work load I have to face in school and the subtle, very subtle yet evident pressure of hand over of leadership positions in my fellowship just paralysed me, I didn't know what to do.

Almost in a state of depression, I went to Christ asking for clarity and direction and He taught me something totally astonishing.

He said "All you ever have to do is Love Me and Be yourself. Be real Child, just do you and Love me with all you've got. It's just Me and You that matters"



Beautiful instruction yea?

And at that point, I really got to understand that being a Christianity is simply about love, it's about loving God.
Yea! I know, you are probably wondering what happened to Loving your neighbour.
Here's the thing: You can't Love until You have experienced God's love. The only way we can learn to unconditionally Love others is after we have seen and experienced unconditional love ourselves. Deciding to Love God opens us up to receive the fullness of his Love which would help us and teach us to love others.
Deciding to love God opens us up to receive his love, loving God makes us want to know him more, the more we know him the more our Faith increases and the more we are willing and able to obey him and live a Christ-like life.


Now the beauty of this isn't just that we have to do nothing but that we don't have to be anything to love or get his love.

I'm tired of trying to be perfect or obeying rules or acting right (that's just being legalistic and religious). I'm simply going to do me. I'm not going to sin or do this or not do that not because God will love me less or because that is how Christians should act but because I know who I am in Christ - I am a joint heir and not only do I have authority over principalities and powers but I am also free from the power of sin and death. Yes! I am above sin and so doing wrong by my spirit means I'm insulting my royalty, my throne and authority. I am above certain things now, I am free from certain things. I am a King, I am God's child, the Almighty God's is my dad and so I'd only act in way's befitting royalty and do things only Kings should do. I am doing this or not doing that because of Me - who I have become in Christ - not because of what people are saying or have deemed right. I understand me now in Christ and so nothing else matters.


We have Christ in us. The bible tells me that, the Holy spirit convicts us of our sins and convinces of righteousness meaning, He'd let us know if we doing right and when we are not doing right. He'd tell us and teach us everything.

Right now, I am learning to depend totally on God. To love him and allow him lead me. Even down to what I should wear, I'm going to ask him. I have decided not to pay heed to any feelings of pressure whatsoever, I'm just going to go with the flow. I trust him to take care of everything and anything.
(Remember James 1:5 I quoted in Word for the year?) He's faithful and would always, I mean always direct us, if we ask for his direction.

God is my standard and I'd only do what is right by him. Nobody else matters, after all at the end of my life I'm going to answer to nobody else but God.

When I discovered this Truth - that I just need to love him and be me - everything that seemed so big just melted away. As I found confidence in being me, it seemed everyone accepted and got used to and is liking ME. I believe they have realized that the changes in me now are as a result of growth. I'm a work in progress and the more I grow, the more some things fall away just as I pick up some other things (habits, hobbies, taste, mannerism etc.) But still, at the end, my innate personality, strength and even weakness, those things that really really matter, that really make me who I am  are constant, maybe not in application and appearance but still in make up.

As for my fellowship, Hand over service was on sunday and yea! I was made a leader (of two units I wasn't even functioning in). I know a lot about one of them and was planning on joining the unit full time this year but the other one is one I have no idea about whatsoever but though I'm a little scared cause I don't want to fail and because I don't feel ready and capable enough to lead yet, I believe God doesn't make mistakes and He knows why I am there. I TRUST IN HIM and I know He'd direct my path, So Yea! I'm covered.



••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm totally in love with Christ, I am so honoured, grateful, so so so grateful that God is my daddy and that he Loves me regardless of and in spite of me.
Romans 8 tells me that NOTHING can ever separate me from the Love of God and The Holy spirit has taught me that I can depend solely on him, that he'd never ever fail me or leave or forsake me and he'd teach me all things; academically, socially, intellectually, spiritually, artistically, fashinonally - everything. There's nothing he doesn't know. I am fully covered. I have to do nothing except Love God and will myself to his Love.

God loves diversity that's why he has made us all different and so, why should I do what other's are doing or not do something because nobody else is doing it? I'm simply going to do what is right by my spirit and if it conforms with the generality of Christians, good; if it doesn't, who cares?

Dearie, you don't have to TRY; Just Let God work in you. You don't have to do anything or be anything, don't even change your ways, just allow Christ to Work in you. Come to Him as you are now, then Yield to him and then the things in you that are not in line with Christ will begin to drop gradually on their own. Then, you won't even feel pressured or feel like you are becoming someone else, you'd just realise that your taste and preferences have changed and you'd love it (trust me on this).
Pay no heed to what anybody says, it's God that matters. Know him for yourself, cultivate a personal friendship with him.


Dare to be Different. Be You, In Your worship, praise, manner of study and prayer, In your dress sense, music taste, blog niche, writing style, the principles you choose to live by. Be real, Be You. Do what feels right in your spirit.


(PS: When I say Do what is right by your spirit I mean, in whatever you do make sure it feels right in your spirit man. If you feel uncomfortable doing something, then it probably isn't for you.
(NB: I didn't say it is wrong, I said it isn't for you. I make this emphasis because they are things that may be good for A and yet it isn't right for you.
"Remember that Paul said all things are lawful but not all are expedient..."
So, Pray for the spirit of discernment).
Don't forget that CHRIST IS IN YOU and so he'd can always correct you when you are not doing right or when you are doing right in the wrong way or whatever.
Please, Walk in the spirit and no more in the flesh, Choose to live by divine direction today.)



Before I go, let me quickly apologise for not being consistent with my posts. School has resumed and I've been crazy busy, exams starts in two weeks and so we are been rushed (I have classes almost every week day from 7am to 6pm). I'm so sorry but I promise to TRY to find time to write down stuffs and publish more frequently.

Much love!

8 comments:

  1. God is your muscle dear. Thanks for reminding me that his love is unconditional and pure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *smiles* This is awesome mehn!
    If God does not love you and I then he does not love himself..GOD IS AWESOME!!!..nice post peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess ooooo! My God is awesome! Thanks for commenting dear

      Delete
  3. If I had to comment as I would really love to, I would merely copy this post and paste it in the comment box....that's how profound and powerful this message is.

    Love is the currency and the culture. Experience&Be Confident in God's Love and your Christianity which is ultimately Christ-likeness, would be effortless and right by God alone. I've come to understand that every ordinance,belief system, thought, standard, action are all man-made efforts to seek God, their source and be in tandem with Him. There's a vacuum on the inside of everyone, that can be filled only by the source from which are beings were hewned from.Our actions outside of His standard will only cause us pain and lead lives in circles, seeking the reply to the call from our depths.
    I think this accounts for the proliferation of religious groups out there. If however, we pause and ponder for ourselves, we would inevitably become and lead lives of love, for if what gives life to a thing sustains it, then God who gave live to us and who is love himself will accurately reproduce His nature of Love and righteousness and we would be at peace with Him, doing His will every step of the way and less encumbered in strife and loggerheads about what is right or wrong,acting as judges He never appointed.

    *groans* .This my epistle ehn, e remain to convert as post. Lol
    How are you Peace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewoooo! This is not comment, it is blog post oooooooo! Only Lizzie can do this kai!(You is too much).

      Lizzie dear,I need not say more, you have said it all and very well.
      God bless your heart.

      I'm fine dear, just dealing with school stress. I just you are resplendent as always?
      Much love.

      Delete
  4. Once an individual made the conversion to Christ, they could participate in the Eucharist. This celebration was in essence a simple ritual meal shared in community to remember and give thanks for the death and resurrection of Christ.guarantor

    ReplyDelete

  5. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that.
    Click Here : 2005 Cat 140H (1312) w/7895 Hrs For Sale at $108k

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment