Saturday, January 11, 2014

Forgive or Not?

It's hard to accept that it happened to me.
Why did it?
Why me?
It hurts and I wish it away.
Don't they feel like they did wrong?
Why treat me this way?
It's like a dagger tore through my chest.
Now I'm left with not just the pain to deal with but also the choice on how to live from now on.
Love or hate?
Forgive or revenge?

It's hard to turn a blind eye at what was done to me but I've come to realize that it's my life, it's my pain and I have to deal with it.
Holding a grudge and hating is like a rocking chair, it keeps you occupied but leads nowhere.
It's time I move pass the hurt, the anger, the pain and even the need to revenge because hating on them won't change what has happened and it certainly won't change their hearts.
I'm just tired of the weight and so it's time I drop it down. I'm not growing nor moving forward, maybe just maybe letting go would lighten me enough to fly.
*You see, Payback may seem right put it only draws you in deeper in black. Grudges may seem comforting, but it's holding you back.
When you let go of grudges and forgive is when you realize that you have set free a prisoner who was yourself.*
I'm going to do this for me. I'd let go and let God - for me.
.....
It's HARD but it's not impossible.
I just need to lay down my pride and lay before the feet of Jesus all my pains. I'd let his love wash away my guilt, I'd let his love wash away my hurt, anger, my hate. I'd let Jesus transform me from within, Let his love melt away my sorrows.
After all, In Hebrews it was said that Jesus has tasted and experienced every human emotion, struggle, temptation and trial and So he understands perfectly what happens within me and can love it away.
.....
Let Love wash away your baggage.
It's not easy, it's going to be a process but it'll be worth it. No matter who has hurt you, it's time to let go so you can move on.

NOTE:
Forgiveness doesn't mean reconciliation it just means allowing yourself to stop hurting.
You have forgiven when you stop thinking and wishing bad for someone. When bitterness falls away, then love has stepped in.
Get free! Let love!

















4 comments:

  1. Awesome! You've said it all sweet..! All we gotta do is let go and let God.Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness.Holding one is like letting unwanted company live rent free in your head....In life most people come as a lesson or either a blessing...They all make up our experience as humans in this world..we shouldn't forget the pages of yesterday cannot be revised,but the pages of tomorrow are blank and we hold the pen in making it a cool one.Like you typed all we need do is "lay down our pride and lay before the feet of Jesus all our pains".God bless you dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah! Racheal, you couldn't have said it better. This is just it. God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Great post! A lot of times people hurt us so badly that we feel they don't deserve our forgiveness..but no! Grudges are just a waste of perfect hapiness it takes us no where...and remember God has told us: "Vengeance is mine, I'll repay"....I've learnt to let go and let God

    Ujesta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes oo! Grudges are of no good. Thanks for commenting love.

      Delete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment