Sunday, August 30, 2015

It Wasn't Easy....But God came through for me

Deep Sigh!

      I planned to write this on Friday night but I was too wired then and so I told myself I was going to write it on Saturday but Saturday, - yesterday - became one of the worst days of my life. Yesterday, a friend had multiple spasms (and when it started, we were alone in my room). The seizures were so bad that it was impossible for three boys and two girls to hold her down. I couldn't even pin down one of her legs because it became heavy.

Myself (without wearing bra or slippers) and two guys rushed her to the hospital (after our repeatedly failed attempt to stop the seizures. Truth be told, I felt she was going to die on my hands. It was so bad, that most of us around unconsciously kept checking her pulse).

Mehn! When we got to the hospital and they started treatment I wept.  I didn't even know how I was feeling. I couldn't be with her in the hospital room because for every time the spasm started, my heart stooped for a bit. I just kept praying she didn't give up fighting and thankfully, she didn't.

We left the hospital around 8pm and by then I was officially broke -Hospital bill and stuffs...



She's well, very well. As a matter of fact, its like yesterday never happened but it did. Its imprinted in my memory. 'She came to celebrate with me on my graduation and somehow she almost died due to something that had never happened to her before'. I keep asking myself, what if I left her in the room to go out, what if my nurse neighbor and others weren't around?What if she it happened around 2am when we were gisting?

Truthfully, because we are so used to being alive, we take life for granted. Two months ago, my mum was very very ill but by the time I got home, the worst was already over. Still, I was worried sick but this one....This episode shook me. This one shook me so bad that I almost took pills to make myself sleep last night. 

But God was Faithful. He has been Faithful...

      I thank God for my four years in DELSU, For the unforgettable experiences, the lessons, and very importantly, the people I met. I remember that the day my mum dropped me off in my hostel, I cried after she left because I was scared I wouldn't be able to survive alone and Today, Four years later, I'm all grown up. I'm wiser and smarter. 
I'm proud of me, not because I have completed the requirements for BSc. Medical Biochemistry and Genetics but because I didn't spend all of my four years reading MBC books but rather I acquired knowledge and did great stuff outside my academic pursuit.
     For Grace to Finish, For Protection and Provision, For Salvation, For Friendship, For Skills, For CFi, For Google, For my Parents, For saving my friend yesterday and For Saving me all day everyday. I say Thank you Jesus. Thank you for the unknown battles you fight for me. Thank you for opportunities.  Thank you for always working behind the scene for me. Thank you for Favor.  Thank you For your Grace.

and This is my testimony....


THE FAITHFULNESS OF GOD.
 He really answers the heartfelt prayers of the righteous.

4 comments:

  1. These words entered my BoRRy like needle they are chuking someboRRy shhhhaaa... You know nah Itimi.. the words that went;

    "Truthfully, because we are so used to being alive, we take life for granted"

    Wo! Woman! if i tell you that line did not enter my 23 years 10 months and 20 days confused head ehhnnn... aYam lying babanla lie.. Weldone Bubba.. This as always was a ghen ghen read... We thank GOD for your friend eh! I mean I can only but imagine how you guys felt.. But all in all Pastor Partner in crime.. aYam uber glad she is doing beRRer now.. The truth is ehnn.. Everything happens for a reason.. and we are being trained with every activity we go face.. Challenge or Victory..

    Whhhooop! Whoopp!!! She is a graduate ladies and gentlemen.. and the crowd goes.. Ooooossshheeey Turn uP! Wo beRRa carry first oh when teh results are published! Congratulations Bubba.. My prayer for you is simple.. May GOD bless you richly, and may he make the Rest of your life the best of your life.. and the crowd goes.. Ammmmeeeennn.. Bia enyi... wIa the paRRy at ni?! We must to Turn uP! lori e oh!

    P.S: My regards to mother.. and my am i glad she is doing beRra... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DURU!!!! Your comments always make me smile. Thanks honey! God bless you plenty.

      Delete
  2. That must have been so scary.
    Did she eventually find out what the issue was so it doesn't happen again?
    God help her.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment