Sunday, August 9, 2015

'.....and that Peace'

When was the last time you felt peace in a great storm?
Mine was last night!


         Something happened to me on Friday and it was in truth, very scary. But as at that time, I was not perturbed. But then last night, something shifted, it was like the reality of the situation and what it may turn out to be, hit me strong and I lost it...Lost all control, all restraint, I began to panic. I wept! I tried to pray, I really tried but I couldn't find the words (nor tongues), I was weak. I gave into the storm.



I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, so I began to call friends, just so 'gist' would distract me but then I was led to call someone - a Rev. I respect sooo much, (from a distance though). I looked around (more like asked around for this number) and placed a call to him around 10pm. As I called, I tried to be calm, but I couldn't. This shit was real mahn and it was scary.
The Rev. calmed me down with 'Faith words' and then he prayed with me over the phone and as we prayed, I noticed my tears began to involuntarily dry up. From then, till now, I'm at Peace. It's funny because I'm more aware of this situation than I was when it happened on Friday but I'm more at Peace.

I just know that God is in control. I'm not going to limit Him by choosing how the situation would change, No! I'm just going to believe that he would take care of it, Somehow - Anyhow!.


You know the Bible verse that says 'Do not worry over anything but pray about everything and give Him thanks and you would experience the PEACE that passeth all understanding". Well, I feel that Peace. And No! That Peace is not the absence of the storm, it's not when you already have the solution to the storm but its PEACE, an assurance that God has your back, an assurance that even while in the storm, God is walking beside you.




       You know, there was a time when anytime something goes wrong (or looks like it's going wrong), the devil tries to tell Him that God is punishing me for not be as good as I ought to be, but it's not true! My father loves me too much to punish me. No, actually, He is too GRACIOUS and mericiful to punish us. Jeez! He has promised that he wouldn't input or count our sins against us, he said He would remember not our iniquities no more, so how then, why then, would He punish me - punish us for doing wrong? He is too GRACIOUS!


      I remember that about 2 months ago, I got really really scared of the unknown. I was so. scared of what the future holds. I remembered a friend asking about how I would feel when my life begins to move really really slow compared to how it was then, and a month after asking that question, I went into panic. I was disturbed. 'What if one morning I woke up and they was absolute nothing for me to do' 'What if I stopped being productively Busy?'

To curb my fears, I tried a couple of 'stunts' as led by my Spirit and voila, I got responses.... Trust me, they weren't good enough responses for real life situation but it helped calm me down and God told me 'I'd take care of You. I'd make sure you are alright.' and He has! The most amazing part was when all of a sudden, I began to see opportunities. I saw God prove to me that He was walking with me all the way.

See, If you forget every other thing you just read. Don't forget this:
WE HAVE A PRIEST -THE GREATEST AND BEST OF ALL - WHO GETS TOUCHED BY OUR FEELINGS - OUR INFIRMITIES.
HE UNDERSTANDS OUR HUMANITY, OUR WEAKNESS.HE KNOWS HOW MY PAIN - YOUR PAIN - THAT PAIN FEELS.
HE GETS IT. HE GETS YOU. HE GETS THE CONFUSION, HE GETS THE FEAR, HE GETS YOUR PAIN AND HE IS TOUCHED BY IT.
BUT UNLIKE HUMANS, HE DOESN'T GET TOUCHED (OR PITY) AND DO NOTHING.
GOD WOULD DO SOMETHING - IT MAY NOT BE IN THE WAY YOU WANT - BUT HE WON'T ALLOW YOU HURT AND NOT HAVE A PURPOSE BEHIND IT.
HE WOULDN'T LET YOU GO THROUGH THE STORM ALONE. IF HE DOESN'T TAKE YOU OUT OF IT. THEN HE WOULD WALK THROUGH IT WITH YOU.HE WOULD GIVE YOU PEACE EVEN WHILE IN THE MIDST OF THE STORM. GOD IS GRACIOUS!!!




I may not how things would turn out but I know God is spinning my life in control. Yes! My life aren't spinning out of control (It can't ever spin out of control because It's in God's hands. Hence, It would only spin in control.... hehehe!).
''I wasn't planning to post on this blog till next month but well, I had to share God's love that manifests as Peace in me. Damn! I love my Name :D.''
Dear, God loves you. It's not a cliche! He really cares about you. He cares about what's going on in your life. Just talk to Him alright? and Do not forsake the fellowship of the brethren.


Peace!!!!!!!


Would be back soon and I'm sorry i stopped writing. I had so much going on that I couldn't find time to brood and write (or so i told myself. Well, Tsek!)

3 comments:

  1. Hiya Itimi.. I really did like this post! it was a ghen ghen read as always... hehehe Thinking about it yeah.. I am a tad shocked I still believe in GOD as much as I do.. But like i said on Tomorrow (The post) "I have seen too much of GOD'S miracles to stop believing in him.."

    You see ehn Pastor Partner in crime... In this life ba.. There will always be challenges.. Many atimes ehnn... one winchie winchie thing wihh just come out of nowhere and use its reggae to spoil our celine deon blues.. But although i am not Born Again yet.. Even though I woke up with this Rapture ish on my mind this morning... aYam learning in this my 23 years 9 months 2 days head that "GOD has a perfect plan for us all.. regardles of how today may seem like.. and that at the end of everything yeah Pastor Partner in Crime.. Everything will be alright. hence if everything is not alright now.. Then we are not kukuma at the end.."

    This was a ghen ghen read Bubba.. Just as always... and you know nah! **WEears Toasting smile... Your wisdom blew me away.. You just kept throwing jabs of inspiration like pow pow pow.. heheh I see your Bash Ali mode of inspiration is back on track.. **Covers face in shyness.. This line hit me the most baby mi.. You know now... the one that went:

    I just know that God is in control. I'm not going to limit Him by choosing how the situation would change, No! I'm just going to believe that he would take care of it, Somehow - Anyhow!."

    Something mega fucked up (please pardon my LANGUAGE) happened to me recently.. But i know GOD gats me... Welcome back Nne.. I have missed you pieces...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah!! Pastor Partner in Crime.. What happened to the Template background of your Blog?! It is White!!! no oh! I dont like this one oh sam sam:(

      Delete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment