Sunday, January 11, 2015

FEBRUARY 14TH IS NOW VAL-ELECTION DAY


A special day marked on every girls calendar,
Not a day de flowered,
Or period missed in monthly class,
but any girl who knows what's up, savor it

Its the most talked about globally,
After thanksgiving and july 4,
Let's not include christmas,
cause this day is treasured by the masses

The girls love it more,
The guys feel the pains,
Love is not a noun but a verb,
So at times like this
Silence is golden,
Actions can't be hidden

Your love barometer,
Is measure by performance,
So many skills deployed in the circumstance,
From being incommunicado,
To acting like desperado

Sometimes the prayer of gathesemane is enacted,
If it is possible let this day pass over,
This year 2015,
Confirms that though it tarries,
Prayers changes things


In a bid to prove it for the nation,
The presidential election,
Have replaced its celebration,
Now the boys can smile on this day,
At home holding not their ATM card but voters card,
For once,
True love will be seen without exchange of gifts,
February fourteen in Nigeria,
Is now Val-Election day,

Valentine day returns in 2016,
At least another 12 months,
To be free from unnecessary spending spree,
And boys go hold body,
No sin, cause on the queue they will be seen,
Thank God, boys are free,
Free at last, free at last,
For 2015, they are free at last

Now he can truly tell her,
If you love me,
Let me be a man,
And perform my civic duties,
One man, one vote,
Let me play my role for a better Nigeria

Unknown to them,
The girls have their plan in their own area,
One mans boko, is another's ram,
Na who dem catch be thief, who dem nor catch na chief,
That's was how her line was switched off all day,
When he asked,
She sent a text,
I fell in love with the polls,
So I was busy playing my civic duties too,
With the other guy who voted early and came back,
Battery died and you know the light situation,
Maybe next valentine,
You may stand a chance for selection,

Val-election ko,
Val-election ni,
My name is not promise,
So don't blame me for not keeping the promise,
If you are smart, know when to restart! Mtsheeeeew

Love based on anything,
Will collapse for little things,
God's love needs no valentine,
Cause he loved us even before time,
You didn't deserve it,
But he proved it,
Before Val-
He made you his selection,
You don't need to go to the polls,
Accept his offer at the foot of the cross.
He loves you, his Val of all time.


WRITTEN BY:
OSAGIE ALEX
@wisdomcounselin
25E8C472

2 comments:

  1. Bravo! Bravo!! Bravo!!! I feel like screaming at the top of my voice... I lllllooooovvvveeee this.. hehehe no be small ATM cards to be replaced with voters card ooo.. With all due respect yeah, this years Valentine will be awesome as kobo guy men no go spend.. I love this Oga boss Osagie.. I really do.. Nice one as usual Itimi. I cant but wonder yeah, please where do you meet such inspired people who could pen down such reasoning and excitement? Oh Okay!! I forgot.. "Iron sharpeneth Iron yeah" and we only attract our kind.. **Wears Mr Nigeria smile.. Cheers Bubba. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Nice one, really nice. This composer deserves an award honestly.
    www.realcilverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment