Friday, April 25, 2014

Moment of Reflection

A time should come in everyone's life where they sit and reflect on the past, the present and the future. That point where you tell yourself the hard truths, accept it and work ahead. That moment when you dissect the situations/circumstances in your life, then drop the things that you need to, pick the lessons, gather strength, make appropriate amends, lean on God and move Ahead.
Recently I came to that time in my life.
Life was choking, It seemed like every stage of my existence had to be a battlefield, it looked like I was walking in circles, emotions were in chaos and so I took my life in my hands and made my choices.
I took time out alone, sat on the floor, crossed my legs and began to reflect on my life.
Starting at where I was coming from, how far i had come to where I am at the moment and ending at where I want to get to.
Remebering how far i had come, how much i have grown, how hard it was but yet how much i have overcome gave me some kind of strength. Just knowing that i'm better, and stonger was uplifting. And so i took a deep breathe and surged futher.  "LESSON- Once in awhile, remember your past success/achievements, remember the victories and you'd find strength to continue. When life seems too tough, remember the challenges you have already overcome."
Dealing with the current status quo however was harder, I had to tell myself truths - hard truths - then will myself to accept them and work accordingly. I had to draw a distinct line between reality and fantasy,  my needs and wants, what I'm wishing for and what is, what can happen and what wont happen. Along the line, I got to understand that Happiness is a choice, no one and nothing should determine my happiness, I have to choose to be happy and not let anything dampen it.
Still, the battle in my mind was crazy, my thoughts and feelings were screaming to gain control but fortunately, i have come to understand that i am in control and so i took God's word and logic over my ramping feelings and thoughts. And as i began to meditate on the 'Truth', it magnified in my system, my body and soul and those ramping feelings and thoughts diminshed and submitted to a higher authority.  Also, amidst my reflection, i truly understood that Love is a decision (oh yes! they are feelings which could want to prove uncontrollable but at the end we choose who we love and to what extent we love - hard truth but truth still) and also, i accepted that you can love someone and the person wont love you back, your love isnt a guarantee that you would be loved back, accepting your vulnerability/weakness doesnt mean people wont deliberately (or not) step on you and want to take you for granted or treat you less but you have to choose not to allow these things bother you or  affect yor essence.
"LESSON- Choose to Love regardless but just dont lose yourself in the process.  Choose to be Happy and let no one take it away from you. Take time out at intervals to reflect on your life at the moment to make sure you on the right course"
About the future; I had to ask myself if all I'm doing at the moment will give me the future I crave. Yes, crasiness is allowed, fun is neccessary, relationships are essential but with all in my life ATM help me ahead? Do I keep living in the moment without thinking of implications? Or i think of implications and allow the moments go without utilizing them? (#Balance.)
Eventually,  I wrote down all I need to do get to where I want to be, I let go of all things and peeps holding me back, I took all the appropriate lessons, I forgive and I surged ahead.
"LESSON- Always make sure you are on  course and if you ain't, make things right.
Make the right choices, drop what you need to, don't get carried away with the moment while you forget your actions today determines your life tomorrow"
At the moment I'm lighter, happier (my friend says meaner {hehe!}, well, I'd just say I've gotten the strength I need to move on, I've let go, I've built a door on my heart -in my life - and so now, things & peeps knock and I decide if I'd allow them enter).
I took time out to reflect and make appropriate amends, drop unnecessary weight, deal with issues, think through, pick lessons,pray, ask for His guidance, let go and move ahead and now, I hope you find time to do so too if you haven't in awhile.
PS: *Did you notice I kept saying move AHEAD instead of move Forward?  Well, its because I learnt recently that you could be moving forward in the wrong direction but moving ahead is always right.*.
Much love!
°°°My life, my choice..... I'm in control, it's my choice!°°°

2 comments:

  1. hmm.. As I read your write up, It made me think about when I was quite younger (...) I'm still young though,with all the dreams I had and yet the future seemed uncertain. crossing my legs,thinking through the night...I still do it sometimes but with a little more certainty now.I believe as we get ahead* really, things start getting clearer and the you'll start getting more clues on how to solve life's puzzle, make the smallest of decisions that will impact your life greatly. But in all. It's about knowing that the picture you paint as you go through life is your creation because God leads but you choose ultimately. I totally agree with you on reflections,it's a tool for progress and life renovation that a lot of people miss out on because they are too busy or can't take out time to reflect. Welldone.I enjoyed reading the write up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The picture you paint through life is you creation cos God leads but you choose"...
      God bless you for this... it has become a slogan 4 me. Tnx 4 reading

      Delete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment