Thursday, October 3, 2013

Battle against Shyness

Everyone has something they struggle with, Some low self esteem, others shyness, lack of self control, etcetera etcetera and these things if not dealt with would limit us a lot and make us lose some valuable opportunities. Aby Of http://misspurpleheart.com has had to battle with her's which is shyness and even though she's still a work in progress, she wrote something about it, hoping that it will inspire and help someone out there.
ENJOY :D
...........

I know there are a lot of people on a constant struggle with shyness, i know because i used to be one of them and i haven't even completely defeated it! You know what sucks? shyness comes with a load of self doubt and lack of self confidence; you don't want to say something to someone cause you don't know what they'll think, you don't want to do something you love
because you're not sure its good enough or you'll do it well enough...well let me tell you something...all that is BOLLOCKS!

Answer me this... do you love yourself? are you happy doing the things you love? if your answers are "YES" then you should seriously forget about what others think, don't dwell on it cos all that matters is you and how you feel! If you have something to say, speak up, don't hide in the shadows Say it, air your opinions, join in the discussion, you'll be surprised how big a difference you would make in your personal growth, and you'll relate better with people... You'll feel
incredibly awesome TRUST ME! I've been there!

There was a point in my life when i was battling with CHRONIC shyness and timidity, it was so bad that sometimes, i would be too shy to put up status's on Facebook or even update something on twitter!
Yes oh! It was THAT bad! You can't even imagine how long it took me before i published my very first post on my blog and even after i did, i was still sooooo nervous and worried what people reading it will think! LMAO!
I still suffer from slight "cyber shyness" sometimes, and i wish i didn't cause i have a lot of crayzeee in my head that i would love to share (and i'm sure all ya'll "shy-locks" feel the same way).
Apparently, i don't do very well with attention; when someone acknowledges something good I've done, say on a post or on my blog generally, i literally don't know how to feel...i get shy, anxious, embarrassed and happy all at the same time, my heart rate increases and i start to wonder "was it/i really that good?"
*SIGH!* but Its a work in progress and i've made remarkable progress i must say!
*Taps self on back* and i know you can make that same progress and even more if you put your heart to it! YES YOU CAN!

The worst is when u meet new people (still a struggle for me, but progress is being made) i used to find it hard to hold up a conversation, you would literally hear crickets chirping in the background! LOL

Being shy could really make you lose a lot of
opportunities or miss relating people you may need in your life, it could give people the wrong impression about you and you may come across as a snob to them. There's one thing you should always remember, as long as there's one thing about yourself that you love, you'll always have this inner joy glowing through, learn to show it off. If you've got something/can do something that you would be proud to show off, you should show it off!
If you're not ready for "human contact" you can start with the internet (like I did)... There happens to be a great number of people who are super super talented in all areas of life and shyness has made them deny the world of their brilliant expertise... That is simply not just fair!

Focus on the things you know, what you can do and all you've accomplished instead of worrying about how you look, sound or dress...it will give you a feeling of self satisfaction believe me!

So join me in this battle against shyness, lets fight together!

Love Life, LOVE YOURSELF.
From Miss Aby purple Heart!

I hope you enjoyed reading Aby's experience, but more, I hope you learnt something and got inspired to be you and Do you regardless of what people think or say. They are not important, what matters is You, your passion and your happiness.


Have had a similar experience? Have you had to struggle with something? or are you still struggling with something? Please feel free to share your experience by sending me a mail pntimi@hotmail.com so other's can learn and get inspired too. There's a great feeling in knowing you are not alone.

5 comments:

  1. Very practical and useful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm personally still in "work in progress" too.

    In our fellowship, I was made the assistant co-ordinator and acting secretary. Once I was told to write an invitation letter to another youth group, can you believ that I am shy to put my name under the letter and tag it with "AG Secretary".

    I was thinking "what? Me? Secretary? What will people say? How will they look at me?" etc

    But I did it at last, tho. I sent the letter for printing and I sticked my mind to the fact that people wont come and bite my eat because I revealed who I am.

    May God help us sha.

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's for sharing your experience with us James. It's great knowing we are not alone.
      We'd get better, You'd get better.

      Delete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment