Monday, January 19, 2015

AN INTERVIEW WITH EMEKA NOBIS (AUTHOR AND LIFE STRATEGIST) #InspiringTheFutureToday

 

PIB: Please sir briefly introduce yourself.
EMEKA NOBIS: My name is Emeka Nobis. I was born in 1980. I studied Mechanical Engineering at Federal University of Technology, Owerri. I am married to my wife Joy and together we have a son called best.

PIB: Sir, what do you do and what are some of your outstanding achievements
EMEKA NOBIS: I am an author and a life strategist. In very simple terms, I help individuals to live their best lives always by redefining paradigms in organizational leadership, relationships and purpose discovery and actualization. I am also a public speaker. I am the author of two books, THE PROFOUND LIFE and SO YOU CALL YOURSELF A WRITER?




PIB: Wow! Cool. So, How did you start?
EMEKA NOBIS: I have been writing since my primary school days as far back as 1985. I wrote in essay competitions at the secondary and tertiary levels of my education. I decided to take writing serious and do it as a business in 2010. So I quit write in a faddish manner as is peculiar with many young minds of this generation. I started writing on social media platforms. Then I went on to publish my first book in 2011. It’s been a remarkable journey ever since then as I watch my influence grow by the day.
I started out speaking in public when I realized I had the listening ears of folks who called to me to help them devise strategies on how to solve their challenges at work and in their families. That was in 2010. I did my first outing in 2011 at the University of Science and Technology. Since then I have been invited to speak at seminars and organisations. I have also hosted masterclasses for writers and public speakers.

PIB: What drives you? What is your why?
EMEKA NOBIS: Simple. The desire to be the divine helper to people I meet; to help folks live their best lives always.

PIB: Hmmm.... What are some challenges you have come across in your career?
EMEKA NOBIS: My first masterclass had just 6 participants in attendance despite the monies we spent promoting it. I realized that folks in my location do not have large appetite for erudition and intellectual development.
I have had challenges with distribution of my books as book stores don’t want to buy them because I am not yet a globally celebrated author. They’d rather let them sit on their shelves without adequate marketing strives.
As with every artist, finances can come short when urgently needed. It’s a recurring decimal.






PIB: Lessons learnt?
EMEKA NOBIS: Don’t think everyone will buy into your art. You are not called to everyone. Just look at the tribe that you are called to and feed them. I have learnt not to argue with people over issues we strongly disagree on. I have learnt to stick to my own originality even when I sit at the feet of the folks I admire their craft.


PIB: What advice can you give to upcoming writers and coaches?
EMEKA NOBIS: Believe in your craft. Go the whole nine yards in living out the divinity in you. Your enterprise is needed by the world, so get going and don’t take your hand back from the plough.


1 comment:

  1. Hiya Bubba.. What gwan?! You just went off everyones Radar ba?! Thats so unfair ooo! **Wears straight face.. Sha do and Graduate so we can have you back mbok **Shines teeth. So he said and I quote; "I realized that folks in my location do not have large appetite for erudition and intellectual development."" Bubba I think this is a major challenge not just with his or our Location, but also with our generation as a whole, cause you see Pastor partner in crime, many great young minds want quick or should i say "sahrp-sharp" Financial development, thereby totally ignoring personal growth and internal development. Unknown to them the clause: "you cannot give what you dont have" best interprets their condition, as it is who we are inside that produces the results we see on the outside..

    I wasn't gonna read the interview as i like reading stuff from deep within you, but when I saw Mechanical Engineering, and FUTO, i was like Yaeeehhh mehn.. So i sat up and my interest grew, and what do you know ladies and gentlemen, it was a really fun and insigtful read. Nice one Bubba... PIB inspiring young minds since 19kokoro.. I likey :)

    P.S: Bubba, please tell me you are joining in on the challenge, it will be worth it I promise. Here is the link: http://www.janylbenylshares.com/2015/01/replay-its-15-for-15-challenge.html but you have 8 days to put in the 2 posts for January.. Introduction, and January review. Pretty Please Itimi, join in biko. xx miss your wahala sha..

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment