Sunday, December 28, 2014

Thoughts!

Thoughts…Forever muddled somewhere in my mind
Forever a subconscious presence
Forever an uninvited existence
Forever a plague.
I gasp beneath its choking grasp
Struggling to wrench free of its relentless hold
I squirm free, running off into the vagueness
Yet I stay pinned under its ravaging claws.

My fight is its strength
My denial bestows on it credence
My obstinacy fans its flames
I fight a lost battle; I fight me.
I'm drowning in its vastness
I drown yet never die
Exasperation overwhelms me
The fight is gone out of me
The arms return in all their brazen grace
But it's a fetter no more
The chains are as of velvety threads
Slithering around my body in a calming embrace.
I am free now
Am I free now?
Was I never bound?
Bedevilled by my thoughts?
The embrace is soothing now
Calming my frayed nerves as I ponder
I ponder
They were my thoughts afterall!
The fight is all gone
True acceptance brings liberation
Emancipation brought to fore by the ultimate realization
They are my thoughts
The greatest gift of all
The nutrients my powerful mind feeds off of Drams of ingenuity
Waiting to be channeled into all positivity
Forever muddled somewhere in my mind
Forever a subconscious presence
Forever an uninvited existence
Forever a blessing.
Meet my thoughts
Meet me!
My name is Erkison Odih.

1 comment:

  1. Forever muddled somewhere in my mind
    Forever a subconscious presence
    Forever an uninvited existence
    Forever a blessing.
    Meet my thoughts
    Meet me!
    My name is Menzo Desmond.
    Nice piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment