Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Thank Yous'.....


Daddy,
You saw me through this year, amidst all I had to deal with you kept me standing. I can't really say anything other than thank you. Daddy, thank you for been there when I wasn't, thanks for looking out for me when I was unfaithful but more I thank you for bringing me out of shit. Daddy, thank you for the successes and ideas you brought me this year. Thank you for the lessons I learnt, Thank you for the friendships that hit the rock, thank for the new friends I made.
Daddy, thank you for the responsibilities you have put on me, thank you for showing me how strong I am. Daddy, thank you for even though the first five months of this year was characterised with much struggle and pain as I had to deal with identity crisis, uncertainties in my convictions and a broken heart, you brought me out of the shit, cleaned me, taught me lessons of life and began to let my light shine.




Daddy, thank you because This year has been It. This year, I have grown, I have achieved and I'm just starting. Thank you for this year, I discovered the friends that were true. The friends who would stick with me even when I don't stick with them. The friends that would not snitch on me.

Daddy, thank you for out the pain, I found you again and discovered how strong and mature I could be. Daddy thank you for out my confusion, your wisdom and grace showed forth.

Thank you this year, it was evident you were working behind the scenes, taking me to places and people that propelled the next phase and confirmed the things in my heart.

Thank you for this year, I met the most amazing people. Thank you for this year, my broken relationships were restored, my family was fully restored. Daddy, your grace, your provision, your hand was evident in my family, in each and every one of our lives. Daddy, there's no 2014 review without you for you hand was evident all round.

Jesus, thank you for no matter how far I went, you never let the innate desires of my heart derail from wanting a deeper relationship with you.
Thank you Daddy, for even as I struggled with finding my feet, you made sure my heart was always set on you.

Thank you for the responsibilities you gave me this year. Responsibilities that are bigger than me yet, you have made me up to the task. Thank you for the ideas, the jobs that came without me asking, for the opportunities i got but didn't deserve and for that opportunity that I looked forward to but didn't get.

Thank you for the times I wanted something but couldn't have it. Thank you the times I felt lonely.
Thank you for always giving me peace and the capacity to withstand all the tough times.

Daddy, thank you for journey mercies particularly for the almost every weekend trips to abraka. Thank you for Christian fellowship intl. 

Indeed God, this has been a great year. Its been fifty shades of different. Different emotions and different amazings and all through, You were God.

As I look back at the year, my heart is full, its heavy and yet light. One of the greatest things you showed me this year was that you allowed me feel pain down to my soul, so I could look at you for answers and healing. For as I dealt with pain, you showed forth. First you answered all my questions, then took away the doubt and then gave me a brand new reason to trust in you and not be led by my feelings.

When I was dealing with identity crisis and uncertainties in my convictions, you taught me that It is just you and I that matter. That all I need to do is to be real and open with you, to forget the doctrines and just allow The Holy Spirit led me, to allow him Convict me of sin and Convince me of righteous.

This year, you taught me the importance of sticking with your presence, always dwelling in you so old issues, sins, addictions don't come back stronger.

This year, you showed me that You are I Am. The ever present God. The God that will always provide, if it isn't there, you will create It. The God that goes before me to make things right...

This year, you taught me that not all friendships last. That some people come to our lives to fulfil a purpose and then leave and that I shouldn't lose myself when people go. Daddy, when a relationship seem to hit the rock, you kept me standing by showing me that I was single, an I and that my essence isn't built on friendships or relationships. This year, you taught me to smile, to forgive, to deal with pain, and to let go. Funny, you also taught me to relate to people as they do to me.

This year, you taught me about priorities. To do the needful first and you taught me to do everything excellently as the next big thing could be as a result of that tiny thing I did excellently.

This year, you taught me patience. Taught me to WAIT as time brings clarity. Daddy, this year you gave me a standard and the patience not to settle for just anything. In 2014, Lord, you taught me to take things slow.

This year, you showed me friends that are true. Those who wouldn't snitch.

This year, you gave me a career path. A new passion.

This year, I dealt with procrastination and it dealt with me (lol).

This year you taught me about process, patience and paths and that the blessing is in the application. You taught me how to ask for help. That asking isn't a sign of weakness but a strength.

This year has been great! Plenty lows but much more highs.

Mostly Lord, I want to say thank you for those that you allowed make my year.

.............A lot of people made 2014 rock but I can't mention all so I'd mention just a few.


Jennifer, you have been there from the beginning and you are still there. Thanks for the little things that make all the difference, for listening to my rants and for all the support. You know I love you right?


Justice, thank you for ALWAYS being there - bad, boring, good and crasy times. You are amazing and I love you eh. Thanks for all the ginger, all the support and for been a great friend.


To Darlington, we became friends in the last quarter of the year but you have been amazing. Your mind sha! Thanks for keeping me on my toes, for always listening, not judging, for all the yeye mushy mushy :p (it makes me laugh alot). Thanks for the intelligent conversations, bro, you keep my mind working. Iron really sharpens iron.


Chisom, my living epistle. Hehhe! See eh, you don't know what you do for me by just being you. You have been there and your words of wisdom has kept me afloat. Please don't stop being human (it's important to me) and don't ever let the fire stop burning.


Duru, my partner! Chai! Meeting you is a highlight! Duru, your confusion and youthfulness makes me smile. You are amazing. I like how you don't know and yet know. How humble you are, how immature your thinking could be and yet how much wisdom you have in you. That our book is going to be a hit! Your story is beautiful. Thank you soooooo much for believing in me.


Jindu, see eh! You won't understand what you have done for me. Because of you came the first opportunity to let my light shine this year. You helped me find that passion.


Fumnanya, I like how we connected. You make it seem school won't be useless without Jay. Thanks for the times you were there, listening to me rant and vent. I'm seriously looking forward to the fights we would have in 2015 *I'm warming up*

Joshua Josh, Taslim, Segunfunmi, Chima, Uzo, Mary, Yayah, Jonathan and the whole GSA -Sub Saharan Africa crew. You are guys are the most amazing, skillful, smart, creative youths I met this year. Its been such a lovely ride. Lets keep doing cool things that matters.

Suzanne, Osas and Joy! I like how we can remain good friends even with so much distance between us.

Prince, you are by far the most amazing friend I have. I can't believe it's been seven years since we last saw, yet you have made sure we kept in touch. You make me realise how terrible a friend I am because you do all the work, making sure we never lose contact. God bless you bro. I hope we reunite soon.

Miss Eloxie, another living epistle. Ma, you are a role model. We may never get to talk but every time I come in contact with you via your blog or so, I'm schooled. God bless you. Thank you for all through the year, God has used you to bless me.

Onyeluka! You have brought more responsibilities to my life. Aaaaarrrgh! I don't get how you can see me once and decide to draw me in. You are one smart and very amazing dude. You added to my successes in 2014. God bless you plenty.

My bbm and whatsapp crew! Una doe! All the BCs you had to endure all through the year, May God reward you. Frances, Dumebi and Efe! Thanks for being you. You added spice to my year, you kept me blogging. Biko! Lets do it again in 2015.


And now to the realest gees, my family - Christian Fellowship Intl, Delsu Abraka chapter. God bless you all of you.
If I begin to mention names eh, it will take another one hour to finish writing. CFi has made me and this year has been the best with you so far.


To my consistent blog readers, especially those of you Blogger never allows to comment, the lord will keep you standing, he shall lift you and you shall be as the Eagle.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you too Bubba, what more can I say?! *&In Janyls voice... A heart of gratitude opens doors of opportunities... a ghen ghen 2015 awaits you. Meeting you once made me know the search for a co-partner in crime was over, and its been nice all the way. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment