Friday, August 16, 2013

Read the Instructions

The other day I was trying to put something together. It came with instructions, but I'm just not one who likes to stop and read the directions. I like to just go for it and figure it out and not "waste time" if I don't have to.
But, I got stuck at this one particular point, so I picked up the instructions.

It's amazing what you learn by reading the instructions! I found out there are ways to tell if it's put together correctly.
There are signals and indicators that let me know if there is something wrong. Without the instructions, I may have put it together incorrectly and not ever have known it. Sure, I could make it look right, but without the instructions, it wouldn't have operated to its full capacity.

You know, it's the same way with God. Sure, we can try to do it on our own, but when we stop and read His instructions-the Word of God-it's amazing what we learn! We learn about our God, we learn about ourselves, we learn about what to do when things aren't working right.
We have a better understanding of life because we have a better understanding about Jesus! He reveals Himself through His Word and empowers us by His Holy Spirit.
Sometimes we think God is hidden, but He's always right there waiting for us to seek Him. He wants to reveal Himself. He wants to bless you and reward you for having a heart that desires to know Him more.

Maybe you're like me today, and your personality is one to try figure things out on your own. Don't take that approach with your life. When we try to do things on our own, it's so much harder. Jesus says that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Learn from Him. Read your instruction manual-the Word of God-and become all that God has created you to be.

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:29, NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment