Monday, August 12, 2013

Medical school

From stratified and squamous epithelium, To nucleated erythroblasts.

I always linked old ships with masts,
Mast cells have made me recast.

Rulers, rockets, rheostats,
Thank God that's all becoming  past.

I would yawn as time strolled past,
Now it's running very fast.

Have you seen my day's forecast?
Class to class, then back to class.

My class cannot be outclassed:
From the first guy to the last

What of the lecturers ;
Dr. Eboh, the Physiology and MBC lecturers, Such dumb-ass
All they know is come late or worst still don't come to class
Mehn, how do they expect us to pass!?

So we end up making plans
Plans on how to pass.
which involves being Photostating copycats.

Then, when results are broadcast,
Mehn, come and see acrobats.
Cos no feeling can outlast
Your joy, knowing you have passed.

So much joy, but in contrast
Many skies are overcast,
For among the enthusiasts
There are those who haven't passed.

I once thought all docs had hearts,
But now I am very smart.
And it goes far beyond that:
My brain has been torn apart.
Renin? Rennin? This or that?

Who knows glucose glucostat?
ALT aint alternate.
CAT is not after a rat.
FISH is not part of breakfast,
PDA is in the heart.

You should see machines we gat
They are more than works of art.
First the kidneys, then the heart,
Now it's bone marrow transplant.

I was a genius, so brilliant,
Now I look so ignorant.
Surgery was done by humans,
Now robots have other plans.

The future is so pregnant,
Time is never hesitant.
Soon the scalpel will depart,
Stitches insignificant.

Soon, Foetuses will choose their looks,
We'll even do surgery on Twitter, myspace or even Facebook.

1 comment:

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment