Sunday, August 17, 2014

My rendezvous last week

Last week was one of my most awesomest week ever. I made loads of new friends - cool, smart, creative friends #nojokes, I learnt sooooo much about so many things - sooooo many things, and I had serious fun (no wonder I couldn't bring myself to sit, focus, think and write a blog post #myapologies). I could gist you guys about my week but then I'm trying to keep my personal life as personal as blogly possible *hehe* but still I am going to fulfil my promise as my blog caption says and tell you guys some lessons I picked up last week.
So sit back, relax and read away...

1) These days, no one cares what course you studied or how good your result was, the labour market cares about WHAT YOU CAN DO - largely, the skills you have and then your work experiences.
2) Don't begin preparation close to deadlines. Begin to prepare the minute you decide you are going for it (the job, scholarship,  contract, ...whatever).
3a) Dont be shy or scared to ask for assistance. No one knows it all.
3b) Dont do it all on your own, learn to delegate responsibilities. Build your team... build trust amongst those you work and live with.
4) Dont Fright. Your fears are really just false evidences appearing real. You can overcome that which you think is a fear or weakness. Just think and say the opposite and soon you would begin to feel as you think and your fears would melt away. Think Positive and Believe in yourself.
5) Knowlegde is more powerful when it is shared. Remember, you learn twice when you teach.
6) EASE -
○Accept opportunities and new knowledge
○Enhance opportunities and knowledge... Grow, learn more.
○Share knowledge,  experiences, and opportunities.
○Explore.... Dive deeper. (Special thanks to Segun 'scofield' #GSAuniabj for this)
7) Passion fuels purpose. Passion provides motivation. Discipline keeps you going.
Do what you love. Love what you do and live fulfilled and stress-free.
8) Think outside the box. Just because it's not happening in your immediate environment doesn't mean its not happening else where. Dont allow yourself be confined or limited bu your environment. Just because your friends dont know about it (or think it is impossible) doesn't mean it is. Explore.
Know that, youth around the world are doing crasy stuffs, don't be left behind.
10) Do cool things that matter. Impact is worth more than quantity. (GSASSA peeps, you feel me?)
Much love.
PS: are my post titles are getting more catchy or yes? *hehe*
Do read my last post: 'Moments that changed my life' --- HERE

8 comments:

  1. Whao! U sure did learn a lot, I shud visit this write up jst incase I begin to forget what I learnt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... I learnt ooooo... we should always try to mae the best and learn as much from every opportunity.

      Delete
  2. you nailed it, girl. great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrapped it all pretty well!! Just coolll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Peace of Life, it was an Enlightening read as usual. However 2 numbers caught my attention the most though i.e #1 and #5

    #5 i totally agree on, but #1 eeehhhmmm **Scratches head... I wish i could accept it hook line and sinker yeah, but Baby mi i cant. You see even as much as the course we read, nor the grade we come out with is not ""Extremely relevant"" now a days, I must say that it still Holds Water, and a lot of water for that matter. You see ehn... most coys and organizations hardly have ample time to check for the real worth of applicants, as most of them shuffle CV's and sort them into 1.1's, 2.1's and others. In most cases yeah, the 2.1 peeps arent even as smart as the others, cause they are most often just geeks with no Social life ( Please no pun or insult intended, I am just trying to be as descriptive as possible) but you see Bubba, these coys dont care. As long as they look good on paper and can scale the interview, they are in...

    So whats my point? My point is that we should all strive for the Peak of excellence, to say that grades nor courses are not relevant as before Bubba, is to say a something Farrr from the truth. As a Foundation for a young career, grades, and courses matter. So my advice for all is that we aim for the Sun, so just in case you are too busy gazing at the clouds, we will land on the moon. Cheers baby mi, and this was such a nice post.

    P.S: I miss you on my Blog :( .. You are full of life, and i can connect with you rreally easily, so if its not asking too much yeah, can you visit us once in a while? Cheers. Udo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bae, I have misses you. Running to your blog now now.

      Oh yes! I actually agree with you. Depending on what career you are going for, your certificate would matter a great deal, your result would matter biggggg time so yes, we shouldn't neglect our education or put in lesser efforts but then we should also not allow our exam or school result determine our faith or limit us (this is the message I really wantes to pass). We should understand that with the right attitude and skills, it is possible to get our dream job (whether or not it resonates with our course of study or result). So never limit yourself because of the certificate you carry, however great or bad it is.

      Delete

Would love to know what you think concerning this post....Please comment